Character Name/Group Reference of the Main Cast
Yes, I’ve done various videos of me pronouncing character and race names, which I hope are helpful. However, this post is more of a condensed overview for people who have issues with the names or just want something quick to look at so they can mentally match up groups/people with their actual names. So more like a reference document to map names with groups than about the people themselves.
For me personally in other fandoms, I’ve conflated characters with similar names and knowing which ‘plot’ or ‘thread’ they belong to helps clear it up. So this groups the characters and has their names along with their pronunciations, so you can see quickly who is who and how their name goes. Hope this is helpful to people with similar problems.
Core Trinity and the One
- King Fla’neiel: He just goes by ‘King’ most of the time so you do not need to worry. As for Fla’neiel, it is pronounced like ‘flugh knee-el’. His other name…well, this is a non-spoiler post!
- Cyclone: …do you need to know?
- Spellbinder: No tricks here. Spell-binder. Magic!
- Farrco: Fair-co (‘co’ like in cone). His name is pretty short, but I imagine some people want to say ‘far-co’ instead of ‘fair-co’.
Balon and Family/Friends
- Balon: Bay-lon. Another short one!
- Kulaszar: Cool-ah-saur. Dinosaur ‘saur’ mixed with czar. Fits him well.
- Rayacha Chajaran: Ray-ah-cha Cha-jaw-ran. Not too bad, I think. It should roll very quickly off the tongue and can be said very quickly.
- Lana: LANA! (Warning: Archer clip!)
- Paewar: Pay-waar. I sometimes get his name mixed up at a glance with Paeyk and Piekal…and they are all each very different! Context is key. Hopefully this gives you context.
Hequera and the Wolfen
- Hequera: Heck-quare-ra. Heck. Quare from square. Ra.
- Riag’wug: Ick! I know. Ri-ahg wug.
- Ra’uw’la: Ra-er-law. The two apostrophes help give his name its flow and beat.
- Chag: Sounds like how it is. Hard end with that ‘g’.
- Tosh: Needs no explanation, hopefully.
- Xesh: Zesh. Simple.
- Ara’quera: Are-a then quare-ra. Sounds the same at the end as Hequera. Maybe a bit harsher.
- Kenquaxe: Ken-qua-shay. Smooth and slick…like he is.
Random Important People
- Haeihlseth: Hugh-e-l-seth. A mouthful…you might wonder why no apostrophes. Well. That’s another discussion…
- Nefertiti: Like the Egyptian pronunciation you probably know already!
- Renoan: This is an interesting one. It can either be Ray-know-an. Or Reh-know-an, depending on the inflection of the ‘re’ sound (which is special in general!). One day, I will finish Renoan’s autobiography and he will talk about inflection in it. Or I will just talk about it myself at some point.
- Ramulein: Rah-mu-lin. Sounds kind of like the Star Trek Romulan race.
- Chatzu’kuan: Chat-sue-coup (French)-ahn. Should flow easily, despite looking harsh. That’s in the Empirian accent, not the Enoot one.
And that’s it. Not a comprehensive list/grouping, but more than enough to help out with the commonly referenced cast of characters.
Note: I have excluded the Humans and Hades + friends as they are pronounced normally (except for Charon, who is Sharon because that’s how I like it and he does too)!
Series Tarot Major Arcana Matching: Part 4 FINAL!
The last part of the The Adventures of the Trinity and the One Tarot Major Arcana matching series. The final stretch of the Major Arcana are matched with characters and concepts from the series. Exciting stuff!
Series Tarot Major Arcana Matching: Part 3
Part 3 of the Tarot card series! We are almost done matching up characters/concepts with the Tarot card Major Arcana. Some of the big Major Arcana are part of this post: The Hanged Man, Death, the Devil, and so on! Major characters here too. Some of these matchings were quite easy for me as it just made sense. Hopefully they make sense to you as well!