Character Name/Group Reference of the Main Cast
Yes, I’ve done various videos of me pronouncing character and race names, which I hope are helpful. However, this post is more of a condensed overview for people who have issues with the names or just want something quick to look at so they can mentally match up groups/people with their actual names. So more like a reference document to map names with groups than about the people themselves.
For me personally in other fandoms, I’ve conflated characters with similar names and knowing which ‘plot’ or ‘thread’ they belong to helps clear it up. So this groups the characters and has their names along with their pronunciations, so you can see quickly who is who and how their name goes. Hope this is helpful to people with similar problems.
Core Trinity and the One
- King Fla’neiel: He just goes by ‘King’ most of the time so you do not need to worry. As for Fla’neiel, it is pronounced like ‘flugh knee-el’. His other name…well, this is a non-spoiler post!
- Cyclone: …do you need to know?
- Spellbinder: No tricks here. Spell-binder. Magic!
- Farrco: Fair-co (‘co’ like in cone). His name is pretty short, but I imagine some people want to say ‘far-co’ instead of ‘fair-co’.
Balon and Family/Friends
- Balon: Bay-lon. Another short one!
- Kulaszar: Cool-ah-saur. Dinosaur ‘saur’ mixed with czar. Fits him well.
- Rayacha Chajaran: Ray-ah-cha Cha-jaw-ran. Not too bad, I think. It should roll very quickly off the tongue and can be said very quickly.
- Lana: LANA! (Warning: Archer clip!)
- Paewar: Pay-waar. I sometimes get his name mixed up at a glance with Paeyk and Piekal…and they are all each very different! Context is key. Hopefully this gives you context.
Hequera and the Wolfen
- Hequera: Heck-quare-ra. Heck. Quare from square. Ra.
- Riag’wug: Ick! I know. Ri-ahg wug.
- Ra’uw’la: Ra-er-law. The two apostrophes help give his name its flow and beat.
- Chag: Sounds like how it is. Hard end with that ‘g’.
- Tosh: Needs no explanation, hopefully.
- Xesh: Zesh. Simple.
- Ara’quera: Are-a then quare-ra. Sounds the same at the end as Hequera. Maybe a bit harsher.
- Kenquaxe: Ken-qua-shay. Smooth and slick…like he is.
Random Important People
- Haeihlseth: Hugh-e-l-seth. A mouthful…you might wonder why no apostrophes. Well. That’s another discussion…
- Nefertiti: Like the Egyptian pronunciation you probably know already!
- Renoan: This is an interesting one. It can either be Ray-know-an. Or Reh-know-an, depending on the inflection of the ‘re’ sound (which is special in general!). One day, I will finish Renoan’s autobiography and he will talk about inflection in it. Or I will just talk about it myself at some point.
- Ramulein: Rah-mu-lin. Sounds kind of like the Star Trek Romulan race.
- Chatzu’kuan: Chat-sue-coup (French)-ahn. Should flow easily, despite looking harsh. That’s in the Empirian accent, not the Enoot one.
And that’s it. Not a comprehensive list/grouping, but more than enough to help out with the commonly referenced cast of characters.
Note: I have excluded the Humans and Hades + friends as they are pronounced normally (except for Charon, who is Sharon because that’s how I like it and he does too)!
Commissioned Art of King in an Action Pose!
Now that the Zfnoctewoohi family is done (for now), I was free to pursue other commission ideas. I wanted to have another core cast member done by Erika Hollice. This was narrowed down to either King or Cyclone and my Patrons voted for King! This was even though King already been done by another artist, Malgamma, late last year. It was a simple piece of him just chilling. And it was more of a cartoon-y style. This time, I was...
Commissioned Art of Malcolm Zfnoc!
Behold, Malcolm Zfnoc! He was the reason I said Paewar Zfnoc was a ‘test’ of dark effects and Zfnoc looks. Because Malcolm Zfnoc is all that, effectively. He’s basically all black or close to it. It was definitely going to be a challenge to render into art form but, of course, Erika Hollice totally knocked it out of the park.